Section 21 - Emission of Radio Frequency Energy
These tests determine that the equipment does not emit undesired RF noise in excess of the levels specified in DO-160G, Section 21. The notches specified in the radiated emissions limits are included to protect aircraft RF sensors operating frequencies. Both Conducted and Radiated Emissions are measured.
The tests in this section are "emissions" tests, meaning the units being tested are the "sources" of the environment. Subjecting EUT to this test helps control the electromagnetic environment on the aircraft.
This section does not measure or control spurious signals conducted out of the antenna terminals of receivers or transmitters. That control should be specified in the equipment performance standard for that receiver or transmitter.
Our facilities have full DO-460G capabilities for categories B, L, M, H, P, and Q.
Our facilities include:
- 17' x 20' x 12' Semi-Anechoic Chamber
- 20' x 17' x 11' Reverb (mode-stir) Chamber
- 25' x 20' x 15' Reverb (mode-stir) Chamber
- 6' x 8' x 6' Reverb (mode-stir) Chamber (For High field strength testing)
- 30' x 50' x 25'H Anechoic Chamber